Showing 4 North Dakota trucking job locations
North Dakota is known as the "Peace Garden State", the "Roughrider State," and also the "Flickertail State." Bismarck is its capital, and Fargo is its largest city, while it is home to just over 740,000 people. If you're thinking about working as a truck driver, you'll find this Northern state is centrally located with convenient access to interstates and routes. There are also a lot of good truck driving jobs here and in the surrounding areas that can take you further west or south to escape the brutal winters. There are very good schools and real estate is priced well. Check out these top facts on North Dakota to assist you in your decision to relocate here and give you all the information you are going to need on truck driving jobs and applying for them.
Reasons To Work In The Great State of North Dakota
- North Dakota is home to the Bismarck Bobcats, the Dakota Wizards, the Fargo-Moorhead Beez, the Minot Muskies, the Fargo-Moorhead Redhawks, and other teams and various leagues throughout the state.
- North Dakota is also home to a lot of snow related sports like ice hockey, skiing and other fun events. That means if you are home in the winter season, there will be plenty to do over the weekends. Your kids will also love having you there for their winter plays and recitals at school or the various sports leagues and teams they may play on.
- Real estate is very cheap in North Dakota and you can easily find a ranch style home or a small farm where you can grow your own livestock and raise your family.
- North Dakota is 94% Caucasian, 4% Native American and the balance a mix of Black, Indian and Asian people.
- North Dakota is also conveniently situated in the north and borders with Canada, Minnesota, Montana and South Dakota.
- Because the weather is a bit colder here, you may have to plan your winter months for OTR jobs that can take you south or west. Just ensure your family has everything they need and you can safely travel for months at a time and know they'll be safe and sound. Some families have self sustaining farms, or live in areas where they are close to some shopping but stock up for cold winter months.
Interstate and Route Access
North Dakota is conveniently accessible with:
- Interstates: I-29 and I-94 are the two routes that can take you to Fargo and connect you with Minnesota and Montana. Given the harsh winters, the highways are all concrete, not blacktop which ensures a smoother ride and less pot holes from salt erosion.
- There are also convenient flights through Hector International Airport, Grand Forks International Airport, Minot International Airport and Bismarck Municipal Airport. Train routes are through Amtrak's convenient Empire Builder and there's also a convenient Intercity bus service through Liberty Lines and Greyhound. There's also a para-transit service through several communities.
Trucking Jobs: North Dakota
There are a lot of great companies that are hiring in the North Dakota area. EveryTruckJob.com has a complete list of these opportunities. The companies are looking for solo drivers, team drivers, and owner operators. A few available openings include:
- Wally Cash Trucking is based out of Grand Forks, ND, and they are looking for solo company drivers, team company drivers, solo owner operators and team owner operators. They cover several different states across the nation and offer weekly pay, vacation pay, rider programs and assigned equipment.
- F&M Transport is based out of West Fargo, ND and they are looking for team owner operators, solo company drivers and solo owner operators. They work in most states and offer direct deposit, a paid orientation, deadhead pay, a full benefits plan with medical and dental coverage, a retirement plan and a 401(k) plan along with other great incentives.
- Schmetterling is based out of Oakes, ND and they are looking for company solo drivers and company team drivers who can work in every state. They offer great benefits including weekly pay, deadhead pay, lay over pay, and other great incentives include a lease purchase program and rider program.
Tips on Local Trucking Jobs
Make sure that when you work in North Dakota trucking jobs you check in surrounding states for other job opportunities to ensure you get the best deal. Some companies have hiring bonuses that can give you extra cash so you can move your family and help with moving expenses. Also be sure to check with other drivers to better understand how they navigate through difficult winters if you decide to work locally or look into the available OTR jobs that can take you south and west to help you work comfortably year round.
EveryTruckJob is one of the best online trucking job search sites in the United States. With jobs all over the nation, drivers of all types can find work with top trucking companies. When you're ready to begin your search, just go to everytruckjob.com or contact Every Truck Job at (866) 383-7956.
Search today for new trucking jobs in North Dakota!
Local trucking jobs in your state
If you are looking for a local driving job such as hot shot, expediting or something similar it is often better to try the local unemployment office. Many of the companies listed here have local and OTR driving positions, but the requirements and openings vary from terminal to terminal. North Dakota driving jobs are available, and we encourage you to apply and check back often as we add additional better trucking companies and post better trucking jobs in North Dakota. If you need assistance in North Dakota locating a job, sending your resume to a company, or need to report a company that had a job listed in North Dakota please contact us and provide feedback on your situation.
Remember, in the future when you're looking for a truck driving jobs or any type of trucking job, whether it's local or otr driving, EveryOwnerOperatorJob.com has the options, the companies, and the security for you!